IPSF Level 1 Certificate in the Pole Sports Code of Points
"Develop successful poles sports routines in accordance with IPSF requirements for all levels of competition.”
The IPSF Level 1 Certificate in the Pole Sports Code of Points is the first step on the IPSF Training Pathway. The qualification focuses on understanding the Pole Sports Code of Points, introducing pole enthusiasts, athletes and prospective judges to the judging sections as well as helping them to break down the technical and tactical elements of the scoring system.
Who is this course designed for?
The IPSF Level 1 Certificate in the Pole Sports Code of Points is suitable for:
- Those pole enthusiasts who are new to the code of points
- Those wishing to enrol on the IPSF Level 2 Judges Certificate.
- Those wishing to become and IPSF recognised coach at the WPSC
- Those with a basic understanding of the code of points such as an athlete and would like to enhance their learning to enhance their competitive programme
Those taking this qualification may like to further their own development by attending the IPSF Level 2 Judges Certificate.
What level does the level 1 certificate qualify me to do?
The course will qualify the successful candidate to develop poles sports routines in accordance with IPSF requirements for all levels of competition.
Passing the course will allow the participant to apply for World Pole Sports Championships coach status.
Level 4 Certificate in Master Training
This course is by IPSF invitation only. Those selected must have a high level of experience in judging, must be certified as a head judge and must recertify annually at 80% pass rate as well as having a good foundation in teaching pole sports.
Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging Pole Sports
This course gives the participant a high level of understanding of how to oversee a judging panel at national level. This course is suitable for those who would like to progress from level 2 and those wishing to oversee national and regional competitions for federations. All judges must have judged for a minimum of 1 year and recertified with 80% pass rate.
Level 2 Re-Certificate in Judging Pole Sports
This course gives the participant a good level of understanding of the code of points and how to apply the code to judging. This is suitable for those who would like to progress from level 1, those wishing to compete or coach and those seeking a higher level of knowledge of the IPSF scoring system. All participants must have a high level of understanding of pole sports and its movements.
Level 1 certificate in the Pole Sports Code of Points
This course give the participant an introduction and basic level of understanding of the code of points. This is suitable for those wishing to compete, seek knowledge of the scoring system or as an introduction to becoming an IPSF EPIC coach.
What are the requirements to attend the course?
Candidates are required to:
- Be at least 10 years of age on the first day of the course
- Have some experience of pole sports
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of what is required when executing the elements of pole sports and the technicalities required when participating in it.
In order to help you to decide whether to apply for the course we have provided some self check questions that will help you:
- Can you identify the difference between doubles and singles pole sports
- Can you identify the amateur and elite level movements in pole sports?
- Can you identify the differences between strength and flexibility based moves?
- Can you describe the differences between elements on a static and spinning pole?
- Can you identify when an athlete is performing on a static or spinning pole?
- Can you tell the difference between a spin, pose, trick ,element, transition and an acrobatic move on and off the pole
If you are unsure about any of the information above please do not hesitate to contact the EPIC team.
How is the course delivered?
The IPSF Level 1 Certificate in the Pole Sports Code of Points will be delivered by an accredited EPIC tutor. It will be split into the following phases:
Phase 1- Pre-course study - please note this will take approximately 5 hours and must be completed before attending the three hour tutor led training session
Phase 2 - 5 hour tutor led training (either face to face or via the Zoom online platform)
Phase 3 - Written assessment - Online assessment covering all aspect of the pre-course study and live training
Throughout the taught programme the theoretical “Understanding the Pole Sports Code of Points” skills are threaded through the technical and tactical “How to identify” skills, both by discussion and review of videos. As a result you will have many opportunities to ask questions and receive feedback on the Code of Points skills that you have learnt. You will be assessed through an independent online assessment within two weeks of the end of the course.
Successful candidates who achieve 80% pass rate or more will receive a certificate
On successful completion of the Level 1 Certificate in the Code of Points, learners will be able to:
- Identify the categories and divisions
- Identify the role of the judge's team.
- Identify the 4 sections of judging
- Understand how to complete bonus and compulsory forms
- Identify the athlete requirements
- Maintain high standards of behaviour with athletes, coaches and officials
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Code of points.
- National rules and the WPSC rules
- Athlete and judges penalties
- Preliminaries, qualifications and finals
- Working with athletes, attitudes and ethics.
All candidates will receive high quality downloadable resources to support the qualification. These will include an induction pack and IPSF Pole Sports Code of Points, rules and regulations and resource sheet to support the core learning outcomes.
Booking & Cost
Cost - £40
In order to book your course date you will need to apply a maximum of 7 days before the course start date. This is in order to make sure you have read and understood the pre course study material in preparation for the course. Course dates will not be bookable within 7 days of the course.
Please note that to transfer to another course date is to be arranged through the IPSF Training Administrator, and will only be done at a cost of £20 per transfer requested.
Please note the course will only go ahead if there are a minimum of 5 participants registered 1 week before the course. If the course is cancelled due to low participation, the IPSF Training Administrator will contact you to arrange a transfer at no cost to you.
About the instructor
Bianca has been involved in the pole industry in South Africa for a number of years as a student, instructor, competitor, and at national federation level. Bianca was one of the first IPSF qualified judges in South Africa (and in Africa), and qualified as the first Head Judge in Africa. Bianca joined the IPSF as a member of the technical committee in 2015, and took over as the Technical Director in 2016. In 2017, Bianca took over from Kate Whitley as the Vice President.
Bianca is passionate about pole fitness and pole sports, and enjoys pushing herself and her students, taking every opportunity to learn. The need for a consistent and transparent system is what drew Bianca to the IPSF in the first place; the drive for recognition as an Olympic Sport is one that Bianca is excited to be involved in.