IPSF Level 2 Re-Certification in Judging
“Judge, transparent and fair competitions in line with the International Pole sports Federation Code of Points and Rules and Regulations.”
The IPSF Level 2 Re-Certificate in Judging is the second step on the IPSF Training Pathway for those judges wishing to re-certify as an IPSF Judge. The only pole qualification of its kind that focuses on the continued development of judges through up-date and re-assessment of their skills.
This is the most in-depth course of its kind for pole sports and will give judges further understanding of the process to become a successful pole sports judge.
Who is this course designed for?
This IPSF Level 2 Re-Certificate in Judging is suitable for:
- Those who have passed the IPSF Level 2 Certificate in Judging
- Those judges must have completed full Continued Professional Development
What level does the IPSF level 2 certificate in Judging qualify me to do?
The course will qualify the successful candidate to:
- Judge IPSF regional competitions
- Judge IPSF national competitions
- Apply to judge the World Pole Sports Championships
- Apply for IPSF endorsed coach status (together with the other pre-requisites).
Course pathway for Judges Re-Certification
Level 4 Certificate in Master Training
This course is by IPSF invitation only. Those selected must have a high level of experience in judging, must be certified as a head judge and must recertify annually at 80% pass rate as well as having a good foundation in teaching pole sports.
Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging Pole and Aerial Sports
This course gives the participant a high level of understanding of how to oversee a judging panel at national level. This course is suitable for those who would like to progress from level 2 and those wishing to oversee national and regional competitions for federations. All judges must have judged for a minimum of 1 year and recertified with 80% pass rate, along with other criteria.
Level 2 Re-Certificate in Judging Pole and Aerial Sports
This course gives the participant an excellent level of understanding of the code of points and how to apply the code to judging. This is suitable for those who would like to progress from level 1, those wishing to compete or coach and those seeking a higher level of knowledge of the IPSF scoring system. All participants must have a high level of understanding of pole sports and its movements.
Level 1 Certificate in the Pole Sports, Artistic Pole & Ultra Pole Code of Points
This is suitable for those wishing to compete, seek knowledge of the scoring system or as an introduction to becoming an IPSF endorsed coach.
Level 1 Certificate in Competition Organisation
This course gives the participant a good level of understanding of how to plan, organise and oversee an IPSF competition from pre-planning to post event tasks. This is suitable for those wishing to organise an IPSF endorse regional or national competition.Level 1 Certificate in the Aerial Hoop Sports & Artistic Code of Points
This course gives the participant an introduction and basic level of understanding of the code of points. This course also gives performers and coaches a comprehensive overview to what is expected of athletes competing in the IPSF Artistic Hoop competitions. This is suitable for those wishing to compete, seek knowledge of the scoring system or as an introduction to becoming an IPSF endorsed coach.
Level 1 Certificate in the Aerial Pole Sports Code of Points
This course gives the participant an introduction and basic level of understanding of the code of points. This course also gives performers and coaches a comprehensive overview to what is expected of athletes competing in the IPSF Aerial Pole competitions. This is suitable for those wishing to compete, seek knowledge of the scoring system or as an introduction to becoming an IPSF endorsed coach.
What are the requirements to attend the course?
- Be at least 18 years of age (in order to judge; if an athlete wishing to deepen their knowledge, the age limit may be lowered to 16 years of age after discussion with the IPSF Judges Director).
- Have a good to high level (intermediate to advanced) understanding of pole sports movements (you do not need to perform any elements and there is no practical pole work on the course).
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of what is required to perform Pole Sports and the technicalities required when participating in competitions.
- To re-certify annually
- To take part in mandatory free Continued Professional Development (CPD)
How is the course delivered?
The IPSF Level 2 Re-Certificate in Judging will be delivered by an accredited IPSF tutor. It will be split into the following phases:
Phase 1 – Written Pre-course study - Complete the online study of the learning materials and pass the quizzes to test the level of understanding.
Phase 2 – Video judging in preparation for course delivery day
Phase 3 - Course task: Complete IPSF compulsory and bonus forms as an athlete.
Phase 4 - Course delivery day: Tutor led instruction.
Phase 5 – Practice Videos - You will have the opportunity to both practice specific focus areas of video judging and practice the full video judging before starting on the assignments.
Phase 6 – Written assessment - Multiple choice assessments to include questions on all elements of the judging course.
Phase 7 - Video judging assessment - Practical judging competency assessments.
Throughout the taught programme the theoretical “Understanding the Code of Points” skills are threaded through the technical and tactical “How judge” skills, both by discussion and review of videos. As a result you will have many opportunities to ask questions and receive feedback on the Judging skills that you have learnt. You will be assessed through an independent online assessment within two weeks of the end of the course.
Successful candidates that achieve 60% pass rate or more will achieve the re-certification.
On successful completion of the Level 2 Re-Certificate in Judging Pole and Aerial Sports, learners will be able to:
- Identify the role of each member of the judging team and their assisting staff.
- Identify the IPSF rules, regulations and ethical code
- Judge all sections of the IPSF code of points for Pole Sports and Aerial Sports (both Hoop and Pole).
- Demonstrate an ability to judge a regional and national IPSF competition under the guidance of the IPSF certified head judge.
- Promote and establish working relationships with other qualified judges and head judges.
- Maintain high standards of behaviour with athletes, coaches and officials
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Technical bonus scoring and judging for Pole Sports, Aerial Hoop Sports and Aerial Pole Sports.
- Technical deduction scoring and judging for Pole Sports, Aerial Hoop Sports and Aerial Pole Sports.
- Art and choreography scoring and judging for Pole Sports, Aerial Hoop Sports and Aerial Pole Sports.
- Compulsory scoring and judging for Pole Sports, Aerial Hoop Sports and Aerial Pole Sports.
- Each category and division requirements for Pole Sports, Aerial Hoop Sports and Aerial Pole Sports.
- Understanding of Para Pole.
- How to complete paperwork.
- Athlete and judges penalties.
- Planning to judge.
- Working with athletes, attitudes and ethics.
- Demonstrate an awareness of further personal development opportunities in Pole and Aerial Sports, including judging, coaching and sports therapy.
- Judging Artistic Pole and Artistic Hoop competitions.
- Judging Ultra Pole competitions.
All candidates will receive high quality downloadable resources to support the qualification. These will include an induction pack and IPSF Code of Points, rules and regulations and resource sheet to support the core learning outcomes.
Booking & Cost
Cost - £75
In order to book your course date you will need to apply a maximum of 7 days before the course start date. This is in order to make sure you have read and understood the pre-course study material in preparation for the course. Course dates will not be bookable within 7 days of the course.
Please note that to transfer to another course date is to be arranged through the IPSF Training Administrator, and will only be done at a cost of £20 per transfer requested.
Please note the course will only go ahead if there are a minimum of 5 participants registered 1 week before the course. If the course is cancelled due to low participation, the IPSF Training Administrator will contact you to arrange a transfer at no cost to you.
Exam Instruction - Video Exam 2
Practical Exam 2